3.09.2009

Lady Angler? :)

I had a weekend that really makes you not want to go to work on Monday morning...it was THAT good (although sometimes it can be horrible and you STILL don't want to go back to work on Monday morning :) haha!).

Friday night I met up with a friend of mine for some downtown Nashville cowboy boot shoppin'. It was 65 degrees and clear skies...just a perfect night to be out on the town with the sunroof open and Lady Antebellum blaring from the speakers. After spending what seemed like forever trying to find a parking space, we spent the next couple of hours walking around, hitting every boot store available and laughing at the really strange people that you find downtown. There was one old guy dressed as a cowboy that was drunk off his rocker singing at the top of his lungs...incredibly off-key...it was amazing. Our favorite store, the Nashville Cowboy, was closed by the time we got there, but the owner was nice enough to let us in anyway. The guy was hilarious and a fantastic salesman, but he didn't have anything that made me forget my Old Gringo Frida's...so I had to walk away empty handed. I can't even tell you how many pairs of boots I tried on...that could be an easy addiction for me...so many styles/colors/designs...oh man. After we were finished shopping we headed over to Mafiaoza's for dinner. Love that place - ambiance, food, service and all.

Saturday morning I got up bright & early (well...bright & early for my taste!:)), got dressed, put on a baseball cap and took off to Percy Priest lake for some fishing with a few friends. We made a quick pitstop at Fido's for some coffee and we were off! It was a gorgeous, sunny day for fishing. It's been years since I last fished and let me tell you, I was pretty excited. I tied my own hook, put on my bait and started casting. I will say it took me a little while before I got the hang of it again, but by the end of the day I was having a blast! We didn't catch anything, but it was a good "dry run" as we called it. There will be many more fishing days to come, that's for sure!! Hopefully some of those will include actually catching something! :)

We finally called it a day when one of the chairs blew over and fell into the lake - haha! It was pretty windy! Besides that, we had to get to cleaned up to meet up with everyone else for the drive-in! We got there plenty early, so we pulled out a few frisbees and tossed 'em around for a while before the ticket booth opened. The movies were just so-so (Mall Cop & Pink Panther 2...very "slapstick"...not really my humor), but it didn't matter. It was just fun to be sitting outside, bundled up in blankets, watching movies on an outdoor screen.

Sunday after church I called my roommate to see if she wanted to get outta dodge for the afternoon, so we took of for Murfreesboro. We wandered around The Avenue and made a stop at Old Time Pottery since I'd never been there before. On our way back we took a few sideroads and just enjoyed the countryside. We even saw a little baby calf all bundled up in a pile of hay. So sweet. A few friends texted me and asked me to join them for dinner downtown Nashville...but by the time I got home, I was ready to just be home, so I put on my pj's and curled up on the couch for the evening and watched The Amazing Race. Love that show.

And that, my friends, was the end to a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...