I was talking to my sister-in-law this past weekend and she was saying how exciting my life always seems...to which I laughed and said, "trust me...it's not THAT exciting. It's pretty normal." You see, I only blog about the highlights of my life (because who wants to blog about the downside or blandness of things??), so if that's the only connection someone has to my everyday life...well, it's a bit distorted (just to clarify...my sister-in-law does know more about my life than my blog, but still finds it exciting anyway...bless her heart! :)).
So, just to "keep things real"...here's a quick idea of my day-to-day life.
6:30am - my alarm goes off, but 9 times out of 10 I am completely unaware or confused by it. It becomes a part of whatever I'm dreaming about, and although the snooze goes off every 4 minutes, I somehow shut it off as I continue to dream. I know...it's weird.
7:30am - I wake up, usually in a panic after realizing I have overslept for an HOUR and have to be at work in 30 minutes and can in NO WAY make it through the day without showering...which means I will, as always, be late to work. I shoot for 8:30 and run into the bathroom.
8:30am - Not at work yet. Scrambling to throw some clothes into my gym bag and make sure I have a ponytail holder around my wrist (working out without one tends to be really annoying). Can't find my shoes. I have a basket by the door, shelves in my closet, some still in the suitcase in the corner of my room that still needs to be unpacked from last weekend's trip...it's at this point that I realize how much I need to stay in later that evening to do laundry and organize my life. It's also at this point that I realize I have way too many pairs of shoes.
9:00am - Pull into the office, grab all the bags out of my car and as I do - realize I forgot my lunch. Ugh. Thank goodness I have a tub of hummus in my office fridge.
9:05am - Hook my laptop up to the monitor at my desk. Turn on my itunes and decide what I'm in the mood for...hmmm...Lady Antebellum is sounding good today. Open my iGoogle and check my email, reader and facebook account. Click on the link to the Pioneer Woman and see what new and amazing thing she has created recently. Sigh. Wish for a moment I was a pioneer woman. Think about the $350 cowboy boots I really want. Open the link to see if they happened to go on sale overnight. Nope. Grab a work order off the stack to the left of my monitor. Let's see...letterhead design...hmmm. Yell to Nicki in the adjacent office to see if she knows any details on what the client is wanting. She yells back and then walks into my office and we start talking about it - doodling something on a scrap piece of paper. She comments on Lady Antebellum and how much she likes them. I ask her if she's heard their latest single and proceed to play it for her. Good stuff. Her phone rings and she returns to her office and I return to designing letterhead. After that, a postcard...and then a tshirt...and an ad for a magazine.
11:15am - Julie walks in to my office and asks if I'm ready. Turn off the music, grab my stuff and head out the door to the gym. We both talk about how much we don't feel like working out today, but know we'll be glad we did after it's all said and done.
12:15pm - Return to the office, glad I worked out. Fill up my water bottle and grab the hummus & pita out of the fridge. Boy, I love hummus. Search online to find a recipe that matches Sabra supremely spicy hummus...no such luck. Time for some new music. Feeling a little oldschool...so I'm going to go with Def Leppard for something a little more upbeat. I hear Nicki singing to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" from her office, so I join in...just in time for a client to walk through my door. I quickly hit mute and ask how I can help. They talk through their edits and I take notes. After they leave I check my emails and begin opening files and making changes/sending out new proofs. "Have You Ever Needed Someone" comes on and I'm back to singing. Dramatic singing. Love that song. Thankfully no one interrupts this time.
5:45pm - Finish up and shut things down. Unplug the laptop from the monitor and put it in my bag. Turn off the lights, lock the doors and call it a night. As I walk to the car I think about how glad I am that I worked out over my noon hour so I don't have to go the gym now. Turn on the car and decide between soft rock, country, Christian, pop or folk radio...hmmm...feelin' a little country today. Sing loud, and probably off-key as I drive. Phone rings...turn off the radio and answer it. Phone call ends and I forget to turn on the radio, but instead drive in silence...thinking. End up talking to the Lord and having a good heart-to-heart. Get the mail. Pull in the garage and see my bike. Wish it was warmer so I could take her out for a spin. Grab my bags and head inside. Change into lazy clothes (usually a sweatshirt and yoga pants). Open the fridge and try to figure out what's for dinner. Hmm...chili. Same chili I've been eating for a week straight (that's what happens when you're single!). Sounds good. Heat it up and pour a tall glass of water. Flip through the mail. Pick a spot on the couch and open the laptop. See email from freelance client with edits. Open file and work as I eat dinner. Finish up, send off new proof, grab a blanket and check my DVR recordings. Man vs. Wild or LOST. Hmm. Better catch up on LOST in case they talk about it at work and spoil a surprise. I love fast-forwarding through commercials.
9:00pm - head to my room and do some reading/journaling. Think about how glad I am that no one else reads my journal as my thoughts are a bit over-the-top late at night. Ah well.
10:00pm - still wide awake. Grab the computer and chat with a few long-distance friends. Eyelids eventually get heavy and I call it a night...
the end.
rinse and repeat.
and there you have it...the ubernormal, uneventful daily life of tdub.
Try not to be jealous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Trish,
Thanks for sharing. My days kinda look like that, only the workout begins at 3:30 after school...that is if I ever leave school at 3:30...hahahaha.
Beth
Post a Comment