12.14.2008

T minus 4 and counting...


I'll upload more pics from the day - but for now enjoy the classic "car shot". I enjoyed a fantastic Saturday...sleeping in, a very "festive" festival downtown Franklin (which included an always welcomed stop at Bink's!), chill time at Starbucks (where it seemed like we knew every person that came in the door - which was added fun!), laser tag, dinner with a group of friends at PF Chang's and finishing the night with many, many games of NERTS at Jon & Bethany's house!

On a separate note, my packing list is written (in 2 different formats!) and ready to go! My suitcase is out...but I'm embarrassed to say it's only because I haven't completely unpacked from Thanksgiving yet. I know, I know! My Christmas shopping is finished except for one last person and aside from the last few Christmas parties, meetings, projects, etc...I'm ready to go!

This week I was able to take care of the final details for New Year's Eve - which I'll be spending in Chicago. I am very excited (I love Chicago!), but a little nervous that I'm going to be worn out by the time I get there. You see, I leave this Thursday and fly to Denver. I stay overnight in Denver and fly out Friday morning to Salt Lake City. I'm in Utah from Friday-Friday and then fly back to Denver. My friend Kayla will be picking me up from the airport around noon and we will head to downtown Denver for a fun girl's night out before I fly back to Nashville Saturday afternoon. I'm back to catch up on laundry and take a quick breather before flying out early Tuesday morning for Chicago. I'll be in Chicago until Thursday and will get home somewhere around 10:30 that night. I will be home Friday-Sunday - and may very well just lock myself in the house to rest up before diving back into work Monday morning. It's certainly going to be a whirlwind Christmas break, but every-bit worth it!!

I booked my final hotel for the holiday in Chicago - and once again am proud to say that I found a fantastic deal! We will be staying at the Hotel Blake - which just happened to have a buy one night - get one free deal! Can't beat that! We're within walking distance to Grant Park where we will be enjoying a New Year's Even fireworks display over Lake Michigan! Should be incredibly freezing and SO MUCH fun! We intend to just enjoy our time there and not go-go-go, but we will definitely be taking in a whole lotta Michigan Avenue...as well as one of my favorite places, The Museum of Science & Industry. Right now they have 3 great exhibits that I can't wait to see: Christmas Around the World, Smart Homes and Inventing the Future. They ALSO have the omnimax version of the Grand Canyon Adventure (featuring music by Dave Matthews Band) that I have already seen once but would be more than excited to see again! And what trip to Chicago would be complete without a little outdoor ice skating at Millenium Park!

For now...T minus 4 and counting until those skiis are snapped on my feet and the beautiful mountains of Utah await me! I'm gonna start there and just enjoy one moment at a time! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...