11.20.2008

Gettin' In the Spirit

Normally I am ready to listen to Christmas music by November 1, but this year it's taken me a bit longer. I think it very well may be due to our ridiculous warm weather. Um, not a fan. It's November and dang it, it should be COLD!!! Just another reason I'm itching to get out to Colorado. That's the way November should be...SNOW. I know so many people would disagree, but my Iowa roots are pretty strong and most Thanksgivings we got a major snowstorm and were unable to travel or our family was unable to come to us. That in itself wasn't fantastic, but the snow definitely was. There's something about hot cacao, sweaters, fires in the fireplace and getting bundled up that I absolutely love. Maybe it's because those are my memories growing up and I can't imagine it being any different, or maybe it's because I was born for cold weather. Probably both. I mean, I get giddy with anticipation just thinking about spending Christmas in Utah this year. I think I might just pack a tent and camp out in the snow (on top of a mountain that I can ski down :-))! *Sigh*...I can't wait!

Anyway, back to Christmas music...

Today I'm wearing a sweater, we started pulling out Christmas decorations at work...and something just finally clicked. It's time. It's time to work on my Christmas 2008 mix cd. I started this back in 2003 and have continued the tradition due to many requests every year since. As of this year's mix, I will have 101 different songs on all of the CDs...and that doesn't include all of the Christmas albums that I have aside from that! Basically, all that to say that I really NEED to start listening to Christmas music November 1 just to have time to listen to all of it! So, since I'm behind, I'll be listening to it while I sleep to make up for lost time. Pretty sure sugar plums will dance in my head.
Dang it.

So I'm super giddy today. I know, shocking. It could be due to the coffee I had this morning (which I only have, at most, once-a-week) or the fact that in addition to that I had a diet coke with my lunch today (obviously didn't think that through), or it could be that I'm just flat out giddy for no chemical reason whatsoever! Mmmyes, I'm going to go with that. Giddiness with no preservatives or added sugars...that's how I roll :-). Whatever the case, I'm super excited today. Excited to get a much needed haircut tonight, excited to pull out my suitcase and start packing, excited to check-in online tomorrow, excited to fly out to AZ on Saturday, excited to go straight from the airport to watching the Iowa game with my brothers followed up by a few games of cornhole with Nathan & his friends. So, obviously I have many reasons to be excited! I'm also excited for reasons beyond what I share on a blog, but I'll leave that to your imagination :-).

I just want to share an unimportant, random story with you...because, why not? It's my blog and it's not like what I normally write has any importance anyway, right? Now that I've built up this unimportant story, it's going to be even less important...so here goes :-). Last night I was at Old Navy checking out some clearance items and they had this great black cardigan that I loved, aside from one minor detail. It had cream buttons. Now, if the cream buttons had personality and seemed like an "accessory" to the cardigan, that would be one thing, but these were just standard cream buttons (sewn on with black thread mind you), and didn't serve any kind of "decorative" purpose - just the basic "closure" function that buttons were created to serve. Anyway, I loved the cardigan, but didn't see the point of cream buttons. It's like putting a fluorescent pink zipper on a pair of jeans. I mean, really, is that necessary? So, I used my savvy-ness, purchased my $10 cardigan and headed over to Jo-Ann's to buy 7 black buttons and thread for $3.70. I went home, found my sewing kit (that I only have because I got it for free somewhere) and gave my new cardigan a makeover. Now if I could only find my Bedazzler... ;-)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Please send me a Christmas mix CD this year. I would be greatly indebted to you!!! I'll reward you with a scarf on 1.19.09 :)

Trish said...

You betcha, Beth! I will ship one your way as soon as I finish up the label design & burn them!

Erin said...

oh my gosh you are cracking me up. um, can i really have a mix again? i got one last year you know. we are coming on the 3 and leaving on the 7 - talk to bethany b/c i really want to get together!! really! maybe we'll have a game night...plus ireally want you to meet hope.

all up in each others bizness said...

trish.........november in colorado has been warm......its been very mild here this year,woottttttt....however jack frost played a dirty trick on us yesterday and our normal one hour and 10 minute drive from my parents took over 3 grrrrrrrrrr!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...