I'm smiling a lot these days for a variety of reasons. My evenings have been filled with triathlon training and friends and my weekends have been filled with road-trips and memories (and lots of laughs!). This past weekend I took a short road trip up to Louisville, KY to see Dave Matthews in concert (phenomenal, amazing concert). We had so much fun getting there (we were pretty tired driving back) and enjoying the city together. We went to the concert and had dinner after the show at 4th Street Live in downtown Louisville - which was a lot of fun. I got to meet Stacey's friend Becky and chat with her a bit before crashing for a very short night of sleep (we were up pretty late). The next morning we all went to breakfast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe which was incredibly quirky and a lot of fun. We met Stacey's dad, did a little shopping and eventually took off to head back home. We also made a stop at Culver's on the way which I was pretty excited about!
Last night I picked up tri training again. We swam 300 yards and I will be the first to admit that I obviously need more practice. I love swimming but haven't been a competitive swimmer in years, so I'm a little rusty. After swimming I went home and showered before heading over to the Pugh's house to hang out and enjoy some thai food (mmm!). We had a great time, lots of laughs and are all looking forward to meeting up once again in Florida in just 4 short weeks.
Tonight is a long bike ride and rock climbing. Sadly, that could be interested tonight since I hurt my back in an incredibly funny way this morning. We were loading up the bikes on the back of the car so we could ride immediately after work and I set my helmet on the top of the car. We took off (slowly, thankfully) and the helmet slipped off, which shocked both of us. I opened the car door to jump out and retrieve it, but got caught in the strap of my purse and tripped all the way out of the car...laughing hysterically. Apparently in the midst of that I jerked my back and now it's pretty sore. Anyway, I got the helmet, got back in the car and, still laughing, said - well, how was that for a comedy of errors?! Hopefully it won't make my evening activities unbearable, but we will just wait and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment