This album just came out in stores today and being that I've always been a fan of Alanis' music, this album does not disappoint. Lyrically it's a bit strange and there are a handful that I don't love, but there are others that I enjoy - such as Torch, Incomplete, and Orchid (that list may grow the more I listen to it). I will give you a head's up that a few of the songs have some language. Thankfully there are 16 songs on the album, so you've still got a lot to choose from even if you have to pass up a few. Definitely not an album everyone will love, so listen to the samples before you decide for yourself.In other unrelated news, I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at my parents. We all agreed that we were missing the boat, but also glad we weren't paying the outrageous gas price at the marina. It kinda makes the past-time a little too expensive. It was such a hot weekend though - I would have really enjoyed tubing or kneeboarding - as well as just swimming around or soaking up the sun while speeding through the water...ahhh...just talking about it makes me sad. Instead, we spent our Saturday shopping for ski gear since it's on clearance most places (strange to do that in 97 degree weather!) and also looking for some birthday gifts. We watched a few movies on the big screen and stayed up entirely too late talking (I mean, ENTIRELY too late) and pretty much just chilled the rest of the weekend. Oh, and mom made pancakes. Seriously, the best thing to wake up to the smell of pancakes (even when you've hardly had any sleep :)).
I'm looking forward to the coming weekend to just chill at the pool and possibly go purchase my new bike. After this weekend I will be gone for the next 4, so I'm going to be a homebody this weekend to make up for it. I love summer (although I love autumn more) and although mine is pretty booked up - it's all good things. Camping (3 different trips!), whitewater rafting (in 2 different states), baseball games (in 5 different states!), 2 amusement parks, a rodeo, biking trips, hiking, and hopefully some sand volleyball and rock climbing (indoors...not ready for the real deal yet) in the mix too. I have a few home projects I need to get to (I swear I'll never really be "settled" before it's time to move again!) weddings, and company coming to visit here and there - altogether making for a full and fun-filled season! Before you know it, winter will be here and it will be time to start skiing! There just isn't time to be bored, although sometimes I will say I welcome it (on rare occasion).

No comments:
Post a Comment