I can't wait to go pick up my new bike tomorrow! I did the gas-wasting thing of driving to the stores in my area and searching for this bike, and finally got my brain working and did the gas-saving thing of just making phone calls once I got home. I finally found a store that had it in stock and I will have to make a small trek to get it, but it will be worthwhile! It's not really the color I'd prefer (because we all know I'd prefer green, but unfortunately there were no green options in my price range), and originally wasn't the style I was looking for, but after doing a little browsing with my parents this weekend, my dad convinced me this was the perfect "happy medium". It will be a great trail AND road bike, since I will be cycling on both terrains, plus it was in the not-outrageously-expensive category, which is a good place to start since I haven't owned a bike in years! I'm pretty stoked though. I read today that in one hour of biking you burn 544 calories. Plus, it's not as hard on your joints as running, gives a nice breeze on hot days while you're burning calories, and most of all - it's fun! PLUS, it gets me out of having to be indoors at the gym! My subdivision has their own grocery store, so I plan on making smaller trips with a backpack and getting exercise while getting groceries (not to mention saving gas!). It's going to be a great summer!
6.11.2008
My new wheels!
I can't wait to go pick up my new bike tomorrow! I did the gas-wasting thing of driving to the stores in my area and searching for this bike, and finally got my brain working and did the gas-saving thing of just making phone calls once I got home. I finally found a store that had it in stock and I will have to make a small trek to get it, but it will be worthwhile! It's not really the color I'd prefer (because we all know I'd prefer green, but unfortunately there were no green options in my price range), and originally wasn't the style I was looking for, but after doing a little browsing with my parents this weekend, my dad convinced me this was the perfect "happy medium". It will be a great trail AND road bike, since I will be cycling on both terrains, plus it was in the not-outrageously-expensive category, which is a good place to start since I haven't owned a bike in years! I'm pretty stoked though. I read today that in one hour of biking you burn 544 calories. Plus, it's not as hard on your joints as running, gives a nice breeze on hot days while you're burning calories, and most of all - it's fun! PLUS, it gets me out of having to be indoors at the gym! My subdivision has their own grocery store, so I plan on making smaller trips with a backpack and getting exercise while getting groceries (not to mention saving gas!). It's going to be a great summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I got a Giant for my college graduation, and it's been treating me very well. I ride all around town. I love it. Riding bikes never tires the older we get.
Let me know how you like riding around town. I love going to California b/c they ride bikes EVERYwhere, which is amazing, but it seems middle TN isn't the most biker's friendly place...but, ya never know!
I will definitely let you know. McKays has sidewalks/bike paths through the entire neighborhood - as well as all the way to Walmart...down Liberty Pike, Carothers, etc., so I feel like my location offers a variety of paths to take. I also did a search for bike trails in the area - where I could do more scenic unpaved riding and found a handful of sites that give locations of trails within the state of TN. Now I just need to get a bike rack for my vehicle and I'm set!
Post a Comment