5.02.2008

Gonna be a great weekend

I'm getting ready to crash, but wanted to post this before I forgot.

I am so excited to finally be in Arizona. I haven't seen the kids or Ryan & Cheri since October, so my visit is long overdue. First off, I had a great flight. I was super tired (I kept nodding off at the gate) so I planned on sleeping away the next 4 hours and was kinda looking forward to it. Well, I ended up sitting next to a precious elderly couple in their 80's. The gentleman, Sam, was sitting next to me and we both made some passing comment about something - and it just sparked into a conversation (I know this surprises most of you since I am so shy...haha, right). He proceeded to tell me that he was the luckiest man alive as he'd met the girl of his dreams and had been married to her for 62 years - and you could tell he meant it! He then went on to tell me how they met, all about their kids, grandkids, travels, jobs, etc. They are bi-coastal and had been in Florida since December and were just now returning to their home in Prescott. Shortly after Sam and I started talking, his wife, Pat, chimed in and the three of us talked through the entire flight. It was certainly a nap worth missing and such a blessing to be able to soak in some wisdom from a couple who have experienced a lot of life. We even joked around a bit - and I say if you've still got great humor at 82, life is good!

So, we landed and said goodbye and I quickly took off toward the baggage claim, excited that I was finally so close to seeing my little cuties. Cheri pulled up and I peeked my head in the car and said, "Hi guys!!!!" and was greeted by Will saying, "I live in Arizona." I said, "I know! Is it okay if I come visit where you live?" to which he replied, "Ummm...yeah." I said, "How long can I stay?" and he said, "5 days". So, good thing that was my plan, because apparently Will is packing me up and sending me back at the end of my 5th day whether I like it or not! Haha! We all got a good laugh out of that one. I did, however, ask if he was going to be sad that I was leaving after 5 days and he gave me a good solemn face and said, "Yeah, I'm going to be sad".

We take off from the airport and head for home and I ask Will what he wants to be when he grows up. He says he wants to be a team. Okay. At least he wants to work together! He then says, "Or a football player. Uncle Scott has a football and he could play with me." Good logic! The major cost of the football would greatly increase your profit! I then asked Lauren what she wanted to be when she grows up, which she confidently answered with, "a ballerina". Will immediately turned to her and said, "You can't dance. You'll have to be a cheerleader." Lauren gave him a dirty look and yelled, "I don't want to be a cheerleader!!!!" I was laughing so hard.

I can already tell it's going to be a great weekend.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I never wanted to be a cheerleader either!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...