5.14.2008

Antsy.

I ordered my ski pants yesterday (half off!). Granted, I won't be skiing until December, but I'm already anxious to get out there. Somehow collecting the pieces to my ski gear (I've always borrowed items before) makes me feel like the days are drawing closer even though it is literally 218 days away. If I would have only gone skiing this year I would be quite so antsy to get there. Ha, who am I kidding? Yes I would...probably even moreso.

I am humored today at how God plans the details of our lives, and sometimes in a way where he opens the door to an opportunity in order to keep you where you need to be when the temptation to move on seems so appealing. It was completely a miracle and the hand of God that allowed me to be in my new place. I was on a long waiting list and if the opportunity had come around by the time it was originally supposed to, the house would have become too expensive. Instead, someone pulled out at an inopportune time, the builder needed to fill the spot in order to resume construction, it was Memorial Day weekend and everyone ahead of me on the waiting list was unable to be reached, I hadn't left yet and bada-bing, bada-boom, I was able to jump on the opportunity and not only get in sooner, but get one of the best lots in the development. Totally a testimony of God's faithfulness and perfect timing. Now all of this has become somewhat funny to me. Why? Well, I want to move out west to be closer to my family in AZ (although I don't think I can do AZ...unless it's an area where they get snow), but for those of you that own a house, you know that if you sell your house before the 2-year mark, you get taxed on the profit, which is a hunk of cash to give to the government. So, I laugh because I almost picture God's hand gently on my shoulder, keeping me from heading to Colorado, looking for a job and transitioning my entire life. He wants me here for now, and I'm sure there is good reason for it, so as tempting as it is to move and as hard as it is for me to stay put, I'm here, trying not to count down the days until February 2010 (which, by the way, is 627 days). Time goes by so fast, it will be here before you know it! Until then I will enjoy where I'm at and plan as many weekends to Phoenix and ski trips out to Colorado as I can :).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...