4.16.2008

Outdoors-y

Pretty much everyone that knows me knows that I am a fan of all things outdoors. Does that mean that I'm an amazing sportsman? Not necessarily, but I personally don't think you have to be great at everything to really enjoy it. I honestly couldn't tell you that I'm the best at anything, but I thoroughly enjoy a LOT of things, and that's all that really matters. Attitude is everything, right? :). I love rock climbing (although I am LONG overdue), whitewater rafting, skiing, camping, volleyball, hiking, boating, kneeboarding, tubing, and probably a whole list of things that I just haven't had the chance to try yet. Almost as much as I love the activity itself, I love all the "gear" that goes with it. Sometimes I think I need to design for an athletic brand just so I can get the most use out of my clothes that I wear outside of work - and also get a big discount :). I was on Teva's site earlier today to check the status of my $9 sandals and saw their new Curbside line and I was sucked in! I LOVE these shoes! Green is the world's greatest color (in my opinion, of course), but orange is often a close second for me...


The even cooler thing about these shoes is that they're made of post consumer recycled materials. Recycled shoes! So great. If only they cost as much as the trash that was used to create them.

4 comments:

tapango1 said...

your shoe choices scare me,ahahaha...i am so boribg with my white sketchers...

on an outdoorsy note....not really my thing but i do not mind opening my blinds occasionally and looking out,lol but i did win a surfboard from hot tamales this year,ahahahah...thats my outdoor gear

Trish said...

Hahaha! I'm a "colorful" person, what can I say. That, and I LOVE shoes! Take your ding-dang board and go surfing! Even if you suck, at least you can say you tried! Plus, hey, if you've got free gear, why not use it?!

By the way, I love hot tamales. They're my favorite.

tapango1 said...

my sisters favorite brand of shoes is rocket dog...some real doozies that u would probably also like :)

not much surfing in colorado,lol i did think about having it permanently mounted to the top of my vehicle as a joke....maybe craigslist...what to do what to do

and for your favorite candy.....spin the wheel of fire

http://www.hottamales.com/

One prize per email address per month.

i recieve my hot tamales like clockwork each month :)

i also have a slot to win mike and ikes if your interested...let me know :)

Trish said...

No, actually not a fan of Rocket Dog...just not my style.

Mounting it to your vehicle would be pretty great. I'm sure you'd make some totally, like, awesome, like rad friends that way :).

Yeah, seriously, I never win anything online. I will spin the wheel of fire, but probably all I'll get is burned. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...