4.14.2008

Lisa's Favorite Story

I told this story a few times in college, and it's Lisa's favorite by far, so I thought I'd share it with everyone else.

When I was 5 my best friend was an only child named Anne (I'm changing her name to protect her identity :)). One summer day her dad came to pick me up for a playdate and we sat in the backseat of the car, just chatting away. For some reason, still unknown to me, Anne became bored in our 5-minute trip from my house to hers, so she grabbed the box of kleenex they kept in the back seat and rolled down the window. She proceeded to throw each tissue out the window one-by-one. The next thing I remember was seeing her dad's eyes in the review mirror and hearing him sternly say, "Anne, if you throw one more kleenex out the window, I'm turning this car around right now and taking Trish home." So, she sat there, window open, kleenex box in her lap, pausing as if to figure out what option held the most value before turning to me and saying, "Sorry, Trish" and chucking the entire box out the window!

Needless to say, her dad did a u-turn right then and there and took me straight home. Pretty sure I cried and didn't speak to Anne forever. Or maybe just an hour. Same difference to a 5-year-old.

4 comments:

tapango1 said...

Its ok you can just use my name!

Trish said...

Haha...you only wish that was you. #1 because I know it's been a dream of yours to be my BFF, #2 you would absolutely do something like that, but #3 your dad was a softy and wouldn't have made me go home :).

tapango1 said...

true dat on all three accounts!!!

Beth said...

Hilarious!!! Never heard that story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...