3.17.2008

Lovin' my new boots.

I know, I know, these are so 80's but I can't help it, I fell in love. Apparently I have a thing for boots. Although if I'm really honest with myself, I just flat out have a thing for shoes. I mean, my mom would say, "Don't you already have a pair of black boots?", but I would respond by saying, "Yes...but they are a totally different style - therefore I need THESE boots." That is why it's good that I buy my own clothes and do my own shopping - so we no longer have to have those kind of conversations :). The funny thing about these boots is that I went shopping yesterday with the intent of finding a certain dress that went with my favorite pair of brown boots, but instead found a fabulous black dress, which therefore meant I needed new black boots. Of course, I'm still needing the dress I originally went shopping for too!

I had a great, relaxing weekend. Saturday morning I got up, met Stacey at a house she was sitting for in downtown Franklin. We had a fabulous breakfast of whole wheat pancakes, turkey bacon and scrambled eggs before heading to the gym for a morning workout. After the gym I headed home to clean up before meeting my girlfriends at the Sweet Dream Cookie Company for Julie's (my roommate) birthday "party". We had a great time just talking and laughing, and then headed to the theater. We were late for the movie we originally intended to see, so we saw Horton Hears a Who instead. It was cute. I expected it to be funnier, and actually had a hard time staying awake, but I have no doubt kids will absolutely love it.

Sunday I went to church and came home to put candles on a little cake and sing happy birthday to Julie (Sunday was her actual birthday). We changed into casual clothes and went shopping, which was fun, but definitely a bad idea! We both spent more than we intended (mostly because I wasn't planning on spending anything!), but walked away with some amazing deals. We had an early supper at Panera before heading back home. I chilled for a bit on the couch before I was back out the door again and on my way to Princeton Hills (a very upscale subdivision to say the least) where Katie was house-sitting. A few peeps came over and we played guitar hero, wii, pacman (on an actual arcade machine), went hot tubbin', laughed a LOT and then piled on the couch to watch a movie. I had already seen the movie and also knew the morning was going to come sooner than I wanted, so I made an early exit and went home to crash. All-in-all, a great weekend!

This week we're off on Friday, so I'm looking forward to a little hiking/camping trip with some friends at Fall Creek Falls. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be a great kick-off for spring! Can't wait!

3 comments:

tapango1 said...

I have heard you mention deals alot....did you know that is my life? Not a day goes by i don't have mailbox full of free stuff :)

I make my living by mystery shopping and entering sweepstakes(and winning ALOT),lol and i loveeeeeeee it......anyways i am excited when i hear other people enjoy deals also...i was going to ask you if you have redbox or dvd play at mcdonalds and now walmart and grocery stores and if so if u knew u never had to pay to rent?

ps: nice boots!

Trish said...

Yes, of course! I actually posted a while back about how you can reserve your dvd ahead of time online - that way it won't be gone when you get there. I actually rarely rent movies though. My roommate does netflix, so I just mooch off of her. That and I dvr movies and save them to watch later.

I wouldn't consider myself as good as most people at deals. I have no doubt you are better at it than I am. I just stumble across stuff a lot - or if I'm looking for something in particular try to find it for a better price. I have a friend from college who knows how to use coupons and deals to get stuff for free all the time - but I don't really do that. Mostly it's because I'm just too lazy.

tapango1 said...

well i never reserve ahead of time cuz then it costs 1 dollah,lol have to use the promotion code in person


i won 25 years of netflix,lol buzzards only let me have 2 years worth so i allotted them out to friends and family...currently i have free netflix and free blockbuster(another win,lol) coming to my house...the mailman must think i am nuts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...